Netgear Orbi Setup
Netgear Orbi routers are the best networking devices in the industry nowadays. Do you know why? Because of the top-notch performance they provide. This is the biggest reason why so many people all across the globe have turned to performing Netgear Orbi setup in their homes. If Google has redirected you to this website, then it is pretty obvious that you are likely here because you want to learn how to set up Orbi.
Well, the good news is that this guide has everything that you need to become aware of regarding the Netgear Orbi setup process. Thus, quit waiting and continue reading.
[Prerequisites] Netgear Orbi Setup
To ensure that you achieve Netgear Orbi setup process, it is important that you keep certain things handy and points in mind. They have been mentioned here:
- You should have access to the default Orbi password and username.
- Keep only a damage-free Ethernet cable near you before starting the setup process.
- Ensure that the location of your Orbi should be free of transmitting appliances.
Now, you can refer to the following section and learn to set up Orbi with ease.
How to Perform Netgear Orbi Setup via Manual Method?
If you walk through the instructions mentioned in this section carefully, there is nothing that can stop you from configuring your Orbi device successfully:
- Locate a wall socket.
- Plug the Netgear Orbi router into it.
- Press the power button.
- Connect the Orbi router to the modem.
- Plug the Netgear Orbi satellite into a wall socket.
- Hit the power button.
- Sync both the Orbi devices.
- Open an internet browser on a laptop.
- Insert orbilogin.net in the URL field.
- Press the Enter key.
- The Orbi login page will appear.
- Enter the admin login credentials.
In this manner, you will be able to perform Netgear Orbi setup in a happy-go-lucky way. If you come across any issues during the process, get in touch with our technical experts.
How to Resolve Netgear Orbi Setup Issues?
On average, do you know how many people are unable to go about the Orbi setup process out of 100? Well, approximately 40 of them. Surely you wouldn’t want to get stuck in the same mess, right?
In case, you still managed to somehow come face to face with the Netgear Orbi setup issues, then the below-mentioned troubleshooting hacks will be of assistance to you:
Basic Troubleshooting Hacks
1. Check the Power Socket
First of all, make sure that your Netgear Orbi router as well as the satellite is properly plugged into their respective electrical outlets.
2. Reduce the Distance
There should not be too much distance between the Orbi router and the existing modem. In case, it is, reduce it without wasting any more time.
3. Connect the Devices Wirelessly
In case, despite using a damage-free Ethernet cable, the connection between your devices is not stable, you should connect them wirelessly.
4. Enter the Right Web Address
Use only the correct web address to access the Netgear Orbi login page. In case, you have any doubts regarding the same, refer to the user manual.
5. Use the Address Bar
The web address of your Orbi should be entered in the address bar instead of the search bar while you are learning how to set up Orbi.
6. Update the Internet Browser
Ensure that you use an updated web browser during the setup process. In order to update your internet browser to its latest version, you need to access its settings.
7. Clear the Web Browser
Apart from updating your internet browser, make sure that you clean it. By that we mean, that you should make it free from the cache, and cookies.
Advanced Troubleshooting Hacks
1. Use the Correct Admin Codes
Without the usage of the correct login credentials, all your effort to learn how to set up Orbi will go down the drain. Hence, use the correct admin details only.
2. Restart the Orbi Device
In case, you are still experiencing the Orbi setup issues, restart your Netgear Orbi device. That can be done, if you power it off and on and in between, wait for some time.
3. Perform Factory Default Reset
Are you still not able to succeed with the Netgear Orbi setup process? It looks like you need to restore your device to its factory default mode and set up Orbi again.
After you have finished reading these troubleshooting hacks, you will surely be able to perform Netgear Orbi setup with ease. In case, you are still struggling while setting up Orbi, then reaching out to our well-profound experts is the right thing to do.
Relax. Do not worry about the so-called right time to contact them. We are saying this because they are always available to help out users struggling with Orbi setup issues.
How to Set Up Orbi as Access Point?
If you’re among those users who want something extraordinary to be delivered by the Netgear Orbi router, then you should definitely look forward to setting it up in AP mode. AP stands for Access Point. It means when the router is set up in the Access Point mode, it houses all the powers that an access point does. You can use it as a gateway so that other devices can access it easily.
The sole purpose of setting up the Orbi WiFi device in AP mode is to extend the WiFi coverage of your existing ISP-provided hardware more efficiently than in the Router mode. FYI, there are three different modes in which your Orbi router can run. The Router mode provides you the ability to access all the features that a normal WiFi router possesses, on the other hand, the second mode – the AP mode makes it an access point. The instructions highlighted below reveal how to set up Orbi as an access point.
Steps to Set Up Orbi as Access Point
- Start the process by connecting the Internet and LAN port of your Orbi and the existing modem respectively with the aid of an Ethernet cable.
- The second step is to load a web browser that is not obsolete anyhow.
- Enter orbilogin.com or orbilogin.net into the location bar a.k.a. the address bar.
- Hitting Enter will open up the Orbi login window for you.
- Use the Orbi’s default password and username to unlock the router’s BASIC Home screen.
- You are not allowed to commit typing mistakes during the login details entry.
- On the router’s dashboard, click Advanced > Advanced Setup.
- Can you see the Router / AP Mode option? If yes, click it.
- You’ll soon find yourself on the Router / AP Mode page.
- Select the radio button labeled AP Mode and let the window shift.
- Choose the IP address setting from the “Get Dynamically from Existing Router” and “Use Fixed IP address” options.
- Save the changes.
This concludes the section disclosing how to set up Orbi as an access point. Now, you can reap benefits of jaw dropping features that work in the AP mode. However, if you are confused about which IP address setting needs to be selected after enabling the AP mode on the router, consider taking the help of our profound experts. They know what is best for you and will guide you at every step of installing your Orbi as an access point.