Netgear Orbi App
The Netgear Orbi app is a mobile application especially programmed to help an individual to configure and manage the mesh WiFi system. The app provides a user-friendly interface using which one can tweak the home network’s settings right from the comfort of the couch. Scroll down and make yourself familiar with the features as well as various functions that you can perform with the help of the Orbi mobile application.
Router Features Accessible via the Orbi Mobile App
One can download the Orbi mobile application by visiting the Google Play Store or the App Store. However, the app is supposed to run on the latest stable version. Only then you will get success with the home network’s management. Here’s the list of router features that you can access once you log in to it via the Netgear Orbi app:
- Speed test
- QR code WiFi sharing
- Wireless network settings
- Network map
- Addition or removal of satellites from the existing Orbi system
- Data usage monitoring
- Anywhere access [Remote management]
- Circle smart parental controls
- Netgear Armor security
- Pause WiFi for individual devices
Why and How to Create Netgear Account on Orbi App?
To take the advantage of the features listed in the above section, you must have your Orbi WiFi system installed properly. But, that will be possible only if you create a Netgear account on the Orbi mobile application. Here are some benefits of having a Netgear account:
- You’ll have important security upgrades for your Orbi devices
- One can enable remote management for secure assessment of the mesh WiFi system from anywhere.
- The user will be able to log in to the same account on other Netgear apps.
Creating a Netgear account on the Orbi application is the simplest task that one has to do to gain access to the router’s management screen. For this, launch the app, input your email ID and password and you’re all set! However, if you still need more knowledge on how to create a Netgear account, our experts will be more than happy to help you out.
Why is Orbi App Unable to Connect to Router?
If you need help because your Orbi app is not finding the router, then this section is what you need to check. Below mentioned are some tested and proven hacks using which you can fix the problem:
- Restart your Orbi router to make it free of technical glitches.
- Ensure that you are making use of the latest stable version of the Netgear app.
- The Orbi router must be in a constant connection with the main gateway.
- If still, the Orbi app is unable to connect to router, reboot your mobile phone.
Netgear Orbi App Not Working?
Times come when the user starts experiencing problems with the Orbi mobile application. The non-working status of the app is the most annoying of them. The problem generally triggers when the user is accessing the mobile data as well as accessing the Orbi network. Thus, disable the mobile data and try to use the app via the mesh WiFi network. In case the Netgear Orbi app not working issue persists, here’s what you are supposed to do:
- Check the version on which the Orbi application is running.
- Re-launch the app and see if it lets you manage the router’s settings.
- Clear the cache of the app.
- Remove the recent tabs from the mobile phone.
- The Netgear Orbi app not working problem might be a result of the outdated software of your mobile phone. Therefore, get the latest software version installed as soon as possible.
- There’s also a possibility that the application has encountered a severe problem due to which it is denying to work. In that case, consider uninstalling and reinstalling it.
How to Remove Orbi Satellite from App?
Generally, one can remove the Orbi satellite by performing a factory default reset of the entire mesh WiFi system. But, the process can be exasperating as the user again has to perform a mesh WiFi setup from scratch. Therefore, if you are looking for instructions on how to remove Orbi satellite from app, refer to the below-mentioned points:
- Launch the Netgear Orbi app.
- Log in to the app using the Netgear account or the router credentials.
- Once the app dashboard shows up, tap the Menu icon.
- View the list of Attached Devices.
- From there, select the Orbi satellite you want to remove.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
This is how to remove Orbi satellite from app. Just in case you are still struggling to remove a satellite, or facing the Orbi app unable to connect to the router, you can ping our experts without any hesitation.
Netgear Orbi App – Frequently Asked Questions
The straightforward answer to this question is “YES”. Know that the web-based management system of your router is only accessible via the device accessing the mesh WiFi network while the mobile application allows you to manage the router remotely too.
You can get the Orbi mobile application downloaded via the app store of the phone. It is advised that you use the latest and most stable version of the application to manage the home network.
The Orbi network map displays the topology of the devices accessing the Orbi network. It also shows how the router and satellites are connected. The network map should show the solid line in the case of a perfect Ethernet connection whereas there should be a green dot if the wireless connection is stable.
It is because either you’re trying to use the Orbi app outside the network zone of your WiFi router or the mobile data is active. Therefore, get in the range of your Orbi and disable the mobile data. After that, access the Orbi WiFi.
Log in to the Orbi app and select the Menu icon. Once there, select the Add Satellite option and follow the on-screen instructions. You can add several satellites to your home network. To know more, contact our experts.