Orbi Blinking White Light? Let’s Fix This
Netgear Orbi WiFi mesh system comes to the rescue when one experiences WiFi dead spots in one’s home. Dead zones are often noticed in larger homes or offices. You can install Netgear Orbi and access seamless internet signals through every nook and cranny of your home. However, what if all of a sudden there is no internet access at all? Or maybe there is shaky internet access? It is a really frustrating experience we must say. Most Orbi users have reported having trouble with their internet connection when they see Orbi flashing white light. But, the good thing is that this guide is loaded with all the troubleshooting hacks that will help you fix the Orbi blinking white light. Thus, continue to read.
Reasons Behind Orbi Blinking White Light
Everything was perfectly fine till now and suddenly, the internet connection paused. What could be the reason? Orbi is flashing white light. This indicates that something is wrong with Orbi. But what it could be? Let us help you. In most cases, white light flashing on Orbi means corrupted firmware. Were you trying to update the firmware on your Orbi? It is possible that the firmware got corrupted during the process. This perhaps is the reason. Another possible cause is a power failure. Many Orbi users reported Orbi blinking white light right after there is a sudden power failure. There could also be technical glitches leading to the white light problem with Orbi.
We shall now move on to fix the issue with Orbi.
Netgear Orbi Blinking White Light [Fixed]
Step 1 – Power Cycle Orbi
Power cycling is the first step that we always suggest to users every time they face an issue with their technical devices. Now as you are also experiencing issues with your technical networking device, i.e. Orbi, thus consider power cycling it first. Minor temporary technical glitches get washed away in this process. Just power off your entire Orbi system. Unplug the router from the power socket. Let it rest for a while.
Additional Tip: Since your Orbi is resting now, take a look at the power socket that your Netgear Orbi router is connected to. Do you find any damages? Plug your Orbi into another wall socket now.
After a couple of minutes, power it up by plugging it into a power wall socket. Once done, check if the blinking white light has stopped or not.
Step 3- Verify Correct Setup
Orbi blink white light can also be due to impartial or incorrect setup of Orbi. Make sure you have performed the correct steps while setting up your device. Here are the instructions to set up your Orbi device:
Netgear Orbi Setup Instructions
- Connect Orbi to an active power socket and power it up.
- Establish a connection between the modem and Orbi router using an Ethernet cable now.
- Get your hands on a computer or laptop and visit www.orbilogin.net.
- On the login window, fill in the required details and click on the Login button.
- Once you reach the setup wizard, complete the on-screen instructions and get through the setup process
Having ensured you have followed the exact procedure, move further.
Step 4- Update Firmware
Before you initiate the firmware update process to fix the Orbi blinking white light issue, ensure a stable power supply to the router. Get help of a UPS if needed. Also, make sure your Orbi router is connected to a secure internet connection. Here is how you can install the latest firmware on your Netgear Orbi router:
- Visit Netgear Download Center on your computer and download the latest firmware for your Orbi.
- Save it at any safe location on your computer.
- In a new tab, load orbilogin.com.
- Enter login credentials correctly in the respective fields.
- Click the Log In button.
- Next, click on the Administration option under the Advanced tab.
- Now click on the Firmware Update option.
- On the firmware update page, click on the Manual Update tab.
- Next, click on the Browse button and navigate to the already saved firmware file and select it.
- Click on the Upload button now and this will upload the firmware file.
- Finally, click on the Yes button.
Note: Do not interrupt the firmware update process by pressing any key or opening a new tab on the computer.
Once the firmware is updated, check the firmware version at the upper-right corner of the same screen to confirm if the firmware has been updated successfully on your Orbi router.
Need More Assistance?
We are pretty sure once you are done performing all the above-mentioned steps, the Orbi blinking white light issue will be resolved. In case the issue still persists, consider contacting our highly expert technical team to lend you a helping hand.